Ali Lamu – Pink Star Motif Weekender
Ali Lamu bags are handmade and hand painted on the small island of Lamu, Kenya.
These bags are made of beautiful old cotton sailing canvas, known locally as ‘Tanga’. The sailcloth comes from the traditional fishing boats of Kenya more commonly known as Dhows. These sailcloths have been naturally weathered by the sea and sun and are themselves, works of art.
Each piece is stitched, washed and painted by hand and made 100% by heart!
- Hand made in Lamu, Kenya
- Material: vintage sailcloth
- Strong rope handle with a stitched cotton shoulder cover
- Two-way sturdy zip opening
- Water resistant interior lining
- One internal zipped pocket
- Recycled aluminium charm
- Natural shell charms
- Water resistant outer bottom base
- Handmade, each piece is a unique creation and no two are ever the same
- Colour: Light Pink with dark pink star motif
- Size: approx. 30 x 50cm
*video by Ali Lamu